Ford lays off 700 who were building electric version of F-150 | CNN Business::Ford is laying off about 700 workers who build the F-150 Lightning, the electric version of its best-selling pickup truck, and unlike other recent layoffs this one has nothing to do with the ongoing strike by the United Auto Workers union.

• bemenaker@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

OK, but that is a totally different topic than electric trucks are bad, which was the start of this discussion. Do I think that there should be less trucks on the road, yes. When I was younger, you didn’t own a truck unless you regularly hauled stuff in the bed, or towed stuff. Now people own them just because. But again, you have totally changed the topic here.

• jose1324@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Hey, I’m not the one that said nothing is wrong with them and that they are good.

• bemenaker@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

You’re still changing the subject. That has nothing to do with the original complaint. The person starting this part of the thread I’m sure just wants a gas or diesel engine. That is all they are complaining about. You’re making it about safety, it’s valid, but off topic for the current discussion.