Can’t even seek through songs.

• aulin@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I actually moved from another music service (my old ISPs reskin of some music service) to Spotify and I was also worried about losing my stuff from the other platform. My new ISP recommended Soundiiz to transfer stuff. I was skeptical, but it worked! They have a paid service with things like automatic sync, which I didn’t need. That would’ve also gotten rid of some limits, but I couldn’t get payment to work so I used their free tier, which required splitting stuff into 200 item lists because of the free tier limitations, but I could transfer stuff little by little. Soundcloud is one of the services they cover.

• honista
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

The vast majority of the Top 10 songs on Spotify are between 1 and 12 weeks old. Not only are the biggest songs on Spotify newer than the spike is the biggest songs on radio, songs on Spotify typically garner the most streams the week they’re released. if your Spotify account is not working then you should need to try Spotiflyer APP. This is similar to spotify app and also play music ofline.

• mrhh69
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

That’s funny, I’m actually working on something similar to what you’re describing. Basically an app that grabs metadata from various music sites (spotify for now), and streams the music for free from youtube.

I found this open-source attempt a while ago (haven’t tried it), but it seems like the maintainer wants to do closed-source stuff now :(

• jdeath@lemm.ee
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I’m working on that feature as an enhancement to my app Bongo. Right now Bongo just makes sharing songs/albums easier across services. I still need to add more options.

• honista
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Spotify re-invented the radio Spotify Stations, which rolled out in the US in 2019, shut down on May 16. Originally launched in beta, the standalone music streaming app operated like radio with curated playlists. Though it had fewer features than the main Spotify app, users could customize their listening experience with small tweaks such as genre apk, artist or era. After awhile, Spotify Stations’ music would become more personalized based on your history, and listeners even had a thumbs-down option.