• Nougat@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s amazing to me how sanitized the reddit front page is. All this nonsense going on right now (which Reddit The Company, and Steve Huffman in particular is responsible for) is incredibly important to any potential future of Reddit The Website, up to and including the possibility of Reddit (the Website, the Company, and the Userbase) becoming irrelevant.

But go browse reddit, and you have to look for it. Right now, the first arguably “anti-spez” submission is from r/shitposting, halfway down page two.

And that’s it. There’s nothing else. If you wanna talk about the current events of the website you’re on, on that website, apparently go fuck yourself.

• crowsby@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m surprised at how low-value the content appears to be. My Frontpage, which I’ve curated fairly meticulously, looks like All, and All looks like a Tiktokky shit show.

I suspect they’ve fiddled with the algorithm in order to put their finger on the scale and better control the narrative, and also, a non-negligible group of original content contributors have decided to step away.

• EnderWi99in@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Most people don’t actually give a crap and those of us that did probably already left. I think this is mostly what Reddit was banking on happening. The question remains whether those that have left also were contributing the most content through posts or comments which could make the site stale and in turn drive more people away.