I am very interested in 3D printing and I want to get into it. What would be a good printer for a beginner that is also of reasonable quality.

I don’t want to make anything huge but I don’t want to limit myself to any size that’s unreasonably small.

Edit: Wow, you guys were all so helpful. While I haven’t made my decision I have a lot more to go off of, I’m gonna do a bit more research into it based on what you have all said.

• gingersneak@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I started with an Anet A8 years ago (do not touch this, it was and is an extreme fire hazard and a fairly shit printer to boot), and after a ton of mods, hours upon hours of tuning and struggling, and dozens of failed prints, I bought an Ender 3 S1. I would not recommend the base Ender 3, but I love my S1 so much. Quality is pretty damn good out of the box, I have had maybe 2 failes prints out of a few hundred. I have done no calibration since I assembled it. It eats whatever filament I throw at it using Cura’s default profile for that material. Is it as good as a P1P or X1 Carbon? No, but it’s half the price of the P1P.