I am very interested in 3D printing and I want to get into it. What would be a good printer for a beginner that is also of reasonable quality.

I don’t want to make anything huge but I don’t want to limit myself to any size that’s unreasonably small.

Edit: Wow, you guys were all so helpful. While I haven’t made my decision I have a lot more to go off of, I’m gonna do a bit more research into it based on what you have all said.

• Foreverwinter@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

People have made the same recommendations here already but I’ll throw my opinion in: the two I always recommend are the Ender (V2 or S1) and the Prusa (Mk4 or the Mini)

If you’re unsure about how much you’ll use it or if you’re on a budget get the Ender.

But if you’re confident this is something you’ll use a lot and you can afford it get the Prusa.

The Prusa has just too many nice features to ignore, their support is amazing, and their upgrade path makes it something you can (likely) keep upgrading as new features come out.

For example I have a Mk3 and I have the upgrade kit to make it a Mk3s+. And now that the Mk4 is out there’s upgrade kits to make it a 3.5, 3.9, or a 4. They’re really great about trying to keep your printer as feature rich as possible without having to buy a whole new one.