Hey all,

Old time gamer here, haven’t played anything recent in years. Picked up a deck with the sale and looking to pick up a “premium” game. So far I am going back and forth between

• Cyberpunk 2077
  • FFVII Remake
  • No Man’s Sky

I am not a huge fan of shooters and I know these three have more of an action gameplay style. I have Skyrim which I have played a tad on PC and could see myself playing that on the deck.

What I’d like is something I can pick up and play for an hour or less and put back down for a few days.

Things I’d love in a game

• some level of replayability / open world content to mess around with
  • good story
  • good ambience / music

And obviously something that plays decent on the deck.

I am leaning on Cyberpunk even with reading and watching mixed-to-negative reviews.

• habanhero@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Death Stranding.

I’ve actually had this game kicking around for a while, never gotten into it until I got a Steam Deck this year and have not been able to put it down since.

The game really resonated with me, especially after having been through the pandemic and surviving the same isolation and longing for connection that fundamentally underpins plot of the game. The characters are amazing (great cast - Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelsen are just stellar in their roles), the world is vast, cinematic and often scary, and the gameplay mechanics are so deep that I’m still learning new things after 50+ hours into the game. So much to unpack. There is also a fair bit of weirdness, humor and cheese mixed in that is signature Kojima, that cracks me up once in a while.

It is truly an unique game and one of a kind experience. Nothing really like it.

• Horza@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I love Death Stranding so much, seems to be a very marmite game with people but if it clicks with you it really is something special.