Hey all,

Old time gamer here, haven’t played anything recent in years. Picked up a deck with the sale and looking to pick up a “premium” game. So far I am going back and forth between

• Cyberpunk 2077
  • FFVII Remake
  • No Man’s Sky

I am not a huge fan of shooters and I know these three have more of an action gameplay style. I have Skyrim which I have played a tad on PC and could see myself playing that on the deck.

What I’d like is something I can pick up and play for an hour or less and put back down for a few days.

Things I’d love in a game

• some level of replayability / open world content to mess around with
  • good story
  • good ambience / music

And obviously something that plays decent on the deck.

I am leaning on Cyberpunk even with reading and watching mixed-to-negative reviews.

• trankillity@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I’d hold on Cyberpunk. There will undoubtedly be a bundled/discounted version of it when Phantom Liberty comes out in September.

As a counter offer, may I present Control? One of the best action games I’ve played in decades that also has a really interesting story (if you like trippy Twin Peaks/X-Files style stories) and it’s only $10USD currently in the sale. Runs pretty well on the Deck, and if you have a beefy PC to play on as well, has some really great RTX features.

The only other game that really fits your criteria that I would recommend is Hades which has already been mentioned. I put over 300 hours into Hades across PC and Switch (pre Steam Deck), and it’s one of the only roguelike games that has a super compelling story.