• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 个月前

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Andreessen’s vision of techno-optimism could seem inspiring: he imagines a Libertarian-esque world where technology solves all of our problems, poverty and climate change are eradicated, and an honest meritocracy reigns supreme.

Early on in his essay, Andreessen writes, “We believe that there is no material problem – whether created by nature or by technology – that cannot be solved with more technology.” A16z is increasingly investing in defense companies, including Palmer Luckey’s controversial startup Anduril, which manufactures autonomous weapons.

When was the last time Marc Andreessen walked through the streets of San Francisco, where wealthy tech workers pretend that they don’t see the homeless encampments outside of their companies’ HQ?

Andreessen’s argument is a contemporary rehashing of trickle-down economics, the notorious Reagan era idea that as rich people get richer, some of that wealth will “trickle down” to the poor.

He talks about the planet being “dramatically underpopulated” and specifically calls out the way “developed societies” are dwindling in population, a seeming endorsement of one of the core tenets of pronatalism.

We watch as OpenAI founder Sam Altman draws parallels between himself and Robert Oppenheimer, not stopping to think so much about whether or not it’s a good thing to push the limits of technological innovation at any cost.

The original article contains 1,347 words, the summary contains 209 words. Saved 84%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!