kbinners?
kbinators?
kbinizens?
kbinites?
kbinitors?

Just throwing names at the wall and seeing if something sticks. Thanks.

• 0xtero@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What about those who post here (and to Lemmy) from Mastodon? Or from Calckey or Bookwyrm?
    Maybe we don’t need to adopt Reddit culture at all? surprisedpikachu.jpg

• Odusei@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Demonyms are way older than reddit. It’s not “reddit culture” to come up with a name for the users of a social media site, it’s a practice that long predates reddit.

• quirzle@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

What are users of old school forums called? Or myspace? Facebook? 4chan? I’m actually struggling to come up with a single similar forum or social media site that insisted on using a stupid cutesy nickname like reddit did; can you help me out here?

• mrbubblesort@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Coming up with a name is pretty nerdy to be honest. Might as well go full nerd and call us Star Fleet because we’re a part of the Federation

• speck@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

No shade to lemmy instances, but definitely not Lemmites. There’s an unhealthy trend right now to reduce the fediverse to just Lemmy (and lemmy.world, more specifically) that we should not encourage.

• starlinguk@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I can’t even see half the posts when I’m on a Lemmy instance. Kbin is the best one if you want to see everything.

• ArugulaZ@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

“Posters” will do. I don’t really want to be stamped with a brand. I’m just a guy who happens to post stuff on the internet. My Mastodon posts are posts (not toots), my Kbin posts are likewise posts (not bins, although some might argue that they belong in one).

• theinspectorst@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I thought we settled on Kbinauts.

Though I love how we’re having this discussion every 4-5 days at the moment because of the rate we’re growing and the number of us who weren’t here yet the last time it was discussed! :)

• birlocke_@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This thread from a couple of weeks ago (specifically for kbin users) attempted to answer the same question. ‘Kbinauts’ seems to be the favourite but personally I think ‘Kbinners’ (‘KTrashcans’ for the yanks) best.

• speck@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

From that thread, Fedinauts might be my fave. Relatively instance agnostic and keeps that space age, optimistic federated future vibe going

• aeternum@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

KTrashcans for the yanks

haha. This is great. I’m aussie, but I’m gonna start calling us KTrashies

• HandsHurtLoL@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I was a fan of Kbinauts, but then the zeitgeist moved super fast once that bird logo got introduced.

Then voting went up for a name for the lil birdie, and surprisingly Kibby came out on top, but alongside Kebin and Bink. The poll for that should still be up over in m/redditmigration I think.

Now that I think about it, I don’t see our name as netizens arising from the name of the mascot, just like how at reddit no one called themselves a derivative of “snoo.”

• bazpoint@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Actually quite like Fedditors. Acknowledges where most of us came from, while being something different. Can also be interpreted as ‘feck-reddit-ors’. Is good.