• SomeAmateur@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I assume most meme makers live sedintary lives which has their own forms of wear and tear (always sitting, poor posture, lots of concrete surfaces) and not exercising enough makes any physical labor hurt more becase they aren’t used to it.

Big generalization but that also describes me when left to my own devices. I felt a lot better getting outside and working mildly physical jobs

• noobdoomguy8658@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

This.

Walking is surely if one of the best things you can do to yourself if you have an otherwise sedentary lifestyle - actually uses a lot of muscles, feels less of a chore because you can easily be preoccupied by multiple other things in parallel (enjoying the view, thinking about things, having a phone call, listening to a podcast, thinking about your destination, etc.).

I’ve been working remotely for several years now, but one of my jobs used to start later late in the day, so I had some free time before that, which I used to walk around doing chores - felt great. Once I moved to the other job, with a more traditional schedule starting in the morning and ending in the evening, but still a bit off for my timezone, I stopped walking as much - gained a lot of extra weight just because I stopped “exercising” as much due to having awkward hours to do chores before or after work.

• Laticauda@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I’m relatively sedentary and don’t exercise much and I’m completely pain free in my 30s so I feel like that’s not the only factor.