• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

BEIJING, Oct 18 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday that the United States was wading deeper into the Ukraine conflict and making a mistake by providing Kyiv with long-range ATACMS missiles.

The Kremlin chief said Washington’s decision to supply the Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS), whose use Kyiv confirmed on Tuesday, “just prolongs the agony” for Ukraine.

Ukraine had repeatedly asked Washington for ATACMS to help it attack and disrupt supply lines, air bases and rail networks in Russian-occupied territory.

"A mistake of a larger scale, as yet invisible but still of great importance, is that the United States is becoming more and more personally drawn into this conflict.

He noted that the United States had sent two aircraft carrier groups to the Mediterranean in response to the explosion of violence between Israel and the Palestinians, and said he had ordered Russian planes with Kinzhal hypersonic missiles to patrol over the Black Sea.

Putin said it was good that the West was starting to talk about the need to solve the Ukraine crisis by peaceful means, though he did not cite examples.

The original article contains 339 words, the summary contains 185 words. Saved 45%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!