This is an automated archive made by the Lemmit Bot.

The original was posted on /r/AmItheAsshole by /u/Grouchy-Pianist6410 on 2023-07-04 19:41:34+00:00.

I’m frustrated so I am posting here, I have three kids the youngest just turned 10. They can be picky eaters and cooking is hell. An example would be I make spaghetti with sauce. One kid won’t eat it since it’s not angel hair, another won’t eat it without garlic bread. I swear they are just making up rules and at this point I can’t make anything.

So a week ago I make chicken al la king, I added mixed veggies to it. Well one won’t eat it since there were peas, another won’t eat since there is chicken, she likes chicken…

Anyways I use to match everything to the kid’s preferences, make something that everyone will like but there is nothing at this point. So I decided to make whatever I like and if they don’t like it they can make a sandwich. They hated but I figure they would give in and start eating what I make.

It’s a holiday today and it hotdogs and burgers. I refuse to make it to the kids preferences, so I didn’t buy the Costco hotdogs, and I am cooking on the gas grill not the coal one (hate that thing it’s a pain to set up) I’m not not making hotdogs and hand burger five different ways. So all the kids are pissed and we got in a huge argument about how I won’t make food they want on a hold I say. My husband is on the kids sides and thinks I am being a petty jerk