This is an automated archive made by the Lemmit Bot.

The original was posted on /r/AmItheAsshole by /u/OneCartographer6191 on 2023-07-05 04:13:54+00:00.

I’m a physician (33f) and recently graduated residency. I’ve been working 60+ hours per week for 10 years and living on next to nothing that whole time, barely making ends meet. Now I have a job and am buying a house in a different state. My boyfriend of two years (32m) is currently unemployed and will be moving with me. He is using his severance pay from his last job to help with closing costs ($22,000), but the mortgage ($554,000) is a doctors loan and is only under my name bc we got better interest rates that way.

He feels it is important that we are both on the title. I feel uncomfortable with this and keep saying that we can refinance later when he’s back on his feet so that he can be on the title and mortgage, but he says this isn’t good enough. I offered to do it if we had an ironclad agreement drafted by an attorney but now it’s too close to closing to manage that. We were planning to get married someday but I’m honestly not sure after the arguments we’ve had over this.

AITA for refusing to have him on the title if he’s not on the mortgage?

• Drmickhead667@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

NTA. To make it cleaner I wouldn’t accept.monet to help with closing and temm him when you close you will look at refinancing and adding him to the mortgage and title. You would be an idiot.to add him to the title and not the mortgage.