This is an automated archive made by the Lemmit Bot.

The original was posted on /r/AmItheAsshole by /u/Bljsks on 2023-07-05 00:43:21+00:00.

My brother recently got dumped and asked if he could come hang out with my cat. I thought it would be the perfect way to cheer up so I said yes and told him he can stay at my place for an hour while I go to a bookstore. I also told him not to feed her anything since I have already fed her in the morning and will feed her again in the evening.

He asked if he could try giving her some chocolate and I told him “No, that’s very dangerous.” But then I came back later to find my cat vomiting and panting, and my brother just standing there freaking out. He admitted to giving her a piece of chocolate and I quickly took her to my vet.

Fortunately, she is fine now but I told my brother he has to reimburse me for half of the treatment cost since he ignored what I told him and is the reason she got sick. He paid but then went complaining to our parents, who told me off. Our mom said he’s my brother and everyone makes mistakes. Was I wrong in telling him to pay?

• Drmickhead667@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Half? I would have asked for him to pay the whole thing. He poisoned your cat when you expressly asked him not to. NTA