Will people here use/try Meta’s #threads when available? Would love to know the reasons or if it would be just for fun/curiosity.

The amount of data collected is insane imo.

• sudo@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Every instance owner should be looking to sign this. Every time you see Meta bullshit posted, please repost this. Also idk how to tag people and I know he’s super busy as of late but calling on Ruud@lemmy.world to get on board with this as well. With the ever growing size of his community it is his responsibility to help us protect the Fediverse.

https://fedipact.online/

“i am an instance admin/mod on the fediverse. by signing this pact, i hereby agree to block any instances owned by meta should they pop up on the fediverse. project92 is a real and serious threat to the health and longevity of fedi and must be fought back against at every possible opportunity”

• app_priori@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Let instance owners make that choice for themselves. I don’t like how people are adopting peer pressure to prevent instance owners from doing what they want with their instances. If instance owners want to federate with Meta, let them do so. It’s important to educate people on the pros and cons of federating with Meta instead of pressuring them not to federate with Meta at all.