• Books@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve been wondering about this, in particular in a covid, wfh, world. So many people from traditionally liberal areas (SF/NY/LA) moved to red states, I would assume that it would be assist in turning those states more purple, as some of those states (wyoming/montana/Idaho) won’t take that many transplants to start that transition.

• sensibilidades@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Wyoming would be the easiest to change, frankly, and even one red state flipping to purple (or even blue) would change the Senate landscape incredibly. It’s nice here; almost all small towns, and even in some of the larger ones it’s easy to walk to work instead of driving.

• Books@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I feel that Wyoming gets a bad rap, it’s not that bad of a state. Some areas, just like all states, are pretty shit… but I love Wyoming. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could.

• Drusas@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Montana, too. I passed through Montana on a road trip, and spent a bit of time in Billings. The area is beautiful and there just happened to be a very nice art walk through their little downtown area at the time. I told my friend who was with me that, if I ever mysteriously disappear, she should look for me in Montana.

• sensibilidades@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I’m not going to lie, it’s a red state, and has red state problems. I do know a number of gay and trans people here; I’m sure at least some of them want to get out. The thing that makes WY a bit different from OK and TX is that, by and large, people do want to leave others alone by default. This conservative scare shit does work, of course, so it’s a problem. But it’s always going to stay that way if the demographics don’t change.

• Books@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Oh, for sure. It’s only 120k that separated Trump/Biden in 2020 in Wyo. NYC alone lost almost 500,000 people to pandemic migration.

Montana was only 99k difference between trump/biden… and we know that a metric SHIT pile of people moved to Montana in 20-23. (Looking at you Bozeangeles)