Well i am certainly not using reddit on my tablet anymore.

• Weirdfish@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I can for sure see both sides of this one. I had ditched all other social media years ago, and baconreader was my one guilty pleasure.

If I had my phone in my hand, I was catching up with other old skaters like myself, reading about the latest trends in tech, or browsing the daily news.

The tag line of “Front page of the internet” was quite literally true for me. That was the portal through which I found content.

In the weeks leading up to the June 30th, I felt a strong sadness, what was I going to do with my screen time? I had created a very custom space using baconreader that neither the reddit app, or to be fair, Lemmy, could provide.

While I am really enjoying learning about Lemmy, and I feel the quality of the post and comments here are far better, it’s going to take time to find and/or develop those niche communities again.

I do however agree, and the ex analogy is spot on, that the last thing I want is for this community to just be a bitch fest about what once was.

Give people a bit of time to vent, it hasn’t even been a week since a decades long experience came crashing to a halt through no fault of ours.