link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Thank you for this article. It shows exactly what’s Facebook’s plan. They will join in, make their own implementation that doesn’t work well, pass the blame to the other platforms that use the protocol*, which in turn pressures them to debug and slow down themselves around Facebook’s stuff, and then they cut them off entirely.

The correct attitude is to extinguish Facebook now. They’re not welcome.

*And yes, this would work. Users are absolutely gullible about this shit, even without ever being told anything directly. Look at Apple users and their blue/green speech bubble thing. Every single flaw with the system is Apple’s fault - but the dumbass cultminded users see the green speechbubble and blame the other users for the flaws, not Apple. They literally just did the stupid tribalism comic and it worked.

• acupofcoffee@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m not going to say you are wrong, but I have yet to meet a single fucking person that actually cares about bubble colors.

I hear this parroted so often, but never see it myself. Didn’t see it when all I had used was Android devices, didn’t see it when I tried an iPhone and got involved in their own communities.

• Tag365@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Wait, so Apple intentionally made iOS messages highly incompatible with Android users?