• bamboo@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    vor 1 Jahr

Nobody is above the law. Trump has been fucking around for too long and needs to find out his actions have consequences.

• zcd@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      vor 1 Jahr

This geriatric fuck hasn’t seen a single consequence in his whole life, would be nice to see literally anything be done

• SturgiesYrFase@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        vor 1 Jahr

Idk why you got that single down vote. If no one has been paying attention, then I’ll just mention it here. The law (usually) only applies when you’re poor.

• athos77@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        vor 1 Jahr

Remember in 2011, when Dominique Strauss-Kahn (powerful French politician and head of the IMF) was arrested , for raping a maid at the hotel he’d been staying at? And the reaction from France was all Why would you do such a thing?!, and the American reaction to France was Why wouldn’t we - no one is above the law!

I really miss those days.

• Nobody is above the law.

Patently false. Anyone else behaving as Trump has and indicted on the array of charges he is would be waiting for trial from a jail cell.

Whatever happens to him now, it will be far less than would have happened to you or I had we committed the same crimes.

• agent_flounder@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      vor 1 Jahr

Nobody is above the law.

It should be true. I want to make it true. But it sure doesn’t seem to be true at present.