My Orbitkey was beginning to fray since I’ve had it for over five years. I made a replacement for the old canvas from 5 oz veg-tan leather. I’ve had my old wallet for a year and half. It was the first thing I ever made and I’ve never been completely happy with it. It worked well enough but there were small details that always bothered me. This week I made a new wallet from ~4 oz veg-tan leather and gave it some color. I was originally aiming for a sage green but I still need more practice dyeing which means it’s now a dark green. I decided to wet form my pen into the front pocket of the wallet so it’s less likely to fall out. I’m very pleased.

• fujiwood@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

It’s BigIdeaDesign’s Ti Mini Pen. It takes a D1 refill. I really like the size of the pen but I really dislike how quickly D1 runs out of ink. Since it’s more of an I-need-something-to-write-with-right-now-and-there-is-nothing-else-around pen it works out okay.

• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Interesting. Yeah, after buying parker style pens and refills, I don’t think I will get any other size. I like that there are great refills like the schmidt easyflow 9000 and sxr 600 out there for it.

• fujiwood@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

I read about those refills a lot. Might pick some up for my other pen after I use up all my Ohto Flash Dry refills.

• fujiwood@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Thanks! That is BigIdeaDesign’s Titanium Pocket Tool v1. I like that I always have a way to cut things.

• fujiwood@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          8 months ago

I was lucky enough to Kickstart it so it was slightly less expensive. I’ve already had for over six years and doubt I’ll ever replace it so, not too bad for my tastes.

No prob!