I recently discovered Ryan the Ride Mechanic’s channel when he did a video on Fury 325’s support failure. Turns out he’s been making really great videos on the regular for about a year (along with some older stuff too), so I wanted to share one of his greatest hits! He goes into a lot of detail about his role as a ride mechanic, and what it’s like working with specific types of rides and their manufacturers. If you want to learn more about how rides actually work day in and day out for years on end, I’d highly recommend giving his videos a watch!

• Bob K Mertz@lemm.eeM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That was a great video… Nothing really surprised me though other than the way he talked about Intamin requiring you to have spare parts. I’m not sure if he was meaning that as an actual requirement or just that it was best practice. It did bug me when he complained about Intamin not sending a tech but then gave the side note that no manufacturer really has that ability. To me, it really does paint a clearer picture on why Intamin runs so much better at many parks and seem to always be an issue at Cedar Fair parks which is ironic because CF could stock the parts. All that aside, Intamin makes insane and awesome rides but it’s a known fact that there is a trade off.

Was really happy to hear Vekoma is good to work with. I really want to see more of their new stuff coming over here to the states.

Also I found Zamperla ironic when it comes to TTD 😂