I am seriously considering picking the game up on steam sale to play on my deck. I haven’t played a “modern” game in a great many years, but love the look of this one.

From everything I see, it looks like it plays a lot like Grand Theft Auto, which is fine in my mind. I’ve spent many a good play through on GTA in the past just messing around.

• TankCrimes@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I was very excited for this prior to release. I never played the TTRPG but I did play a lot of the Shadowrun system.

On release I was quite disappointed with it, I couldn’t really put my finger on exactly why (aside from the obvious). I started back up in December and it seemed a lot better, suddenly making the game a top 10 for me. Since then I’ve hit all the endings.

That being said I wouldn’t buy it or start it until the DLC patch releases. Apparently quite a few changes are coming to the base game when the DLC comes out.

• RanceMcGrew@infosec.pub
      cake
      OP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Awesome and interesting take. I’ve decided to wait for the DLC based on this and other conversations I’ve had.

• TankCrimes@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah I think it makes sense if you’re fresh. The perks/levelling systems are changing a bunch from what I understand. I think that would be pretty confusing mid playthrough.