• EndlessApollo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Jesus Christ who called in the tech bro cavalry? Get a fucking life losers you’re not artists and nobody is proud of you for doing the artistic equivalent of commissioning an artist (which you should be doing instead of stealing their art and mashing it into a shitty approximation of art)

• twelvefloatinghands@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

It’s like photography. Photography + photoshop for some workflows. There’s a low barrier to entry.

Would you say the same thing to someone proud of how their tracing came out?

• trashgirlfriend@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

These are not comparable to AI image generation.

Even tracing has more artistic input than typing “artist name cool thing I like lighting trending on artstation” into a text box.

• MikuNPC@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          8 months ago

Aside from the fact that your comment applies to photography as well, I think it’s fair to point out image generation can also be a complex pipeline instead of a simple prompt.

I use ComfyUI on my own hardware and frequently include steps for control net, depth maps, canny edge detection, segmentation, loras, and more. The text prompts, both positive and negative, are the least important parts in my workflow personally.

Hell sometimes I use my own photos as one of the dozens of inputs for the workflow, so in a sense photography was included.