I’ve tried looking online but I’m not savvy enough to find a good answer. I haven’t been on Reddit since June 30, and am interested in seeing the number of people who have migrated. I know the Reddit user base is huge, so idk if it has been enough to hurt the site. Fuck spez.

• rm_dash_r_star@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Probably monthly active uses would be the best gauge. It’s somewhat over 50k for Lemmy compared to around a half billion for reddit. That would be .01% or one ten thousandth. So even if all those were the result of people leaving Reddit, a graph on paper would not have high enough resolution to register a difference.

In any case it only matters that Lemmy has a big enough user base to make it worthwhile. I’d be more concerned about it getting too big than being too small.

• zombuey@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

The growth here is all that really matters. Anything else is irrelevant. People should focus more on the success of this community rather than the failure of another. If your mad at reddit and truly think others can do better elsewhere. Here is elsewhere let’s make it better.