Look I know, Clarks are expensive. I knew this going in. I also knew the little guy had flat out refused to wear every other pair of shoes we’d ever bought him…I was desperate.

That said, I wasn’t expecting to have to make a call to my bank manager to renegotiate my nonexistent mortgage before laying my phone down on the card machine.

Madness.

• Andi@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Gave up on Clarks years ago… the premium just isn’t worth it.

M&S and Next, when they have kids shoes in the Sales, are up there with the quality. But, recently we’ve been kitting ours out with shoes from Vinted. Seriously do not understand how these people have hardly-worn shoes and let them go for £6 or so - but it’s been a blinder so far.

• Obscura@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I get the majority of my son’s stuff on Vinted and sell on stuff that’s still decent quality, the cost of new clothing for kids just keeps sky rocketing and they only fit into them for such a short time anyways.

I also go to local kids’ clothes and toys charity sales and find so much for him, especially barely used books for mere pence!

• SbisasCostlyTurnover@feddit.ukOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

A neighbour recommended them just after I told her how much money I’d spent at Clarks. I’ll definitely be giving them a look.