I just love the very Factorio way to get rid of surplus - just toss it over the side.

• TWeaK@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Jaroslaw’s sanity is now somewhere deep in these pixels, if you find it please send it back.

• Kaldo@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Can’t believe it’s gonna be a year before we get to play with these things, now I really wish they didn’t start hyping it so soon.

• Ananace@lemmy.ananace.devOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Yep, but if you run out of storage space then The Factorio Way™ has always been to use some kind of destruction method - from handgunning a wooden box to using a mod to vaporize it into the ether.

• Phroon@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

You can’t build chests in space, so there’s very limited buffering or surplus options.

I think the biggest change with space is that it appears that the asteroids are an infinite resource.

• Kaldo@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I usually have similar stress playing management games but honestly, of all of them factorio really lets you do it at your own pace, especially if you torn off biter expansion. I’d often just say something like “ok this afternoon I’m redesigning the oil refineries because they are a mess” while everything else is just standing by waiting for me. Ticking these things off one by one is kind of the main attraction of games like these tbh

• drkt@feddit.dk
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I must have a thousand hours in this game by now; just try it without the biters. I don’t bother them anymore, either. It’s literally just stress, they add nothing else.

• Drigo@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Well sometimes the stress is part of the fun, some of my playthroughs I remember best, is the deathworld playthroughs

• drkt@feddit.dk
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Yeah, I’ve had fun too, but on playthrough 4+ they don’t add anything. It’s just stress. I’m good enough at this game to not worry much about it, but it’s still a net negative. If they are very susceptible to this kind of stress, I’m saying they can just turn them off. They don’t add anything to the core gameplay except time stress and that’s good for some and bad for others. One of the major strengths of Factorio is how expansive the vanilla options are.

• prole@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Same. Every time I’ve tried I just can’t get past the tutorial. Maybe if I take the other person’s advice and turn off enemies at first…