I feel like lemmy is actually really amazing and has a lot of smart discussion happening instead of the constant circlejerking that happens on Reddit. I also feel the community here is a lot more hopeful/helpful! That’s all, thanks for reading 😄

• BillGoats@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You can actually use rif still, as well as a few other reddit apps that officially closed shop, but it’s not gonna last forever.

Personally, I’m sticking around (via rif), partly to keep up with a few communities I care about, and partly to watch reddit burn as they keep fueling the fire.

Weirdly, I increasingly feel like I won’t even miss reddit all that much. More precisely, I already missed what reddit once was.

• Localnative13@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m in the same boat. Interested in sticking around for w.e. communities don’t migrate this way and that’s about it. I never really browsed all or new on reddit but am finding myself doing that here already

• artifice@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve been using reddit for over 12 years. That site is a steaming pile of shit compared to what it once was. I’m done.

• zeppo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I’ve been on there about 14. It’s gradually gotten worse and worse in terms of culture and content, but what really shows their doom is how awful the ‘new reddit’ interface is. It has now been years and they haven’t fixed it, show no signs of plans to rethink it, or any understanding of how bad it is. I’ve entirely removed reddit from my life and had zero problems doing it. Now when I go read comments on there, it’s clear how wretched it is… so many people are so nasty to each other in city subs, for instance.

• chunkystyles@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

And we all have to expect that at some point the old interface is going to get removed. Before this whole blowup, I was already expecting it.

• zeppo@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Oh, absolutely. I’m sort of surprised it’s even still there. They’ve updated it a tiny bit here and there but it seems clear they’ll remove it or it will just stop working at some point. When I’ve tried using the new interface it’s been torturous. So… if they hadn’t screwed over 3rd party apps, if they removed old reddit, I’d find an app I liked, but… can’t do that now, of course! So I’m glad to have already jumped ship before being forced to.