Hello once again! Since I cannot edit old Lemmy posts, here’s an update on my two posts: Issue with NetworkManager and Internet Connection Issue #2.

For the first post, the issue has not reoccurred where NetworkManager would ask for my password almost every day since a NetworkManager update that happened sometime between now and 2 weeks ago (I don’t remember exact day).

For the second post, the problem of the stalling internet connection over VPN is most likely with the ProtonVPN Linux app. Someone recommended that I use the VPN via OpenVPN and so far, that has worked without flaw. I have since uninstalled the app and do not plan to use it anymore.

Thanks for all the helpful replies and I hope someone might find my posts useful sometime in the future!

• phanto@lemmy.ca
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I had a weird issue with the ProtonVPN app where, if it didn’t shut down gracefully, it’d leave an ipv6leakprotection interface in my network manager, and route everything through it. There was an nmcli con command I had to do to clear that interface. It still happens every once in a while, but I use VPN a lot less since switching jobs from Evil Corp to go back to school.

• KrispeeIguana@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I also had that problem, but didn’t think much of it since I don’t really turn off my VPN often. It only really affected me when either my first issue occurred or ProtonVPN crashed for whatever reason. So far, running ProtonVPN through OpenVPN had solved this issue for me.