I’m currently looking for another controller for the deck. Reddit threads and some articles usually mention Dualsense, Dualshock4, 8bitdo Ultimate and XBox controllers.

I want one with a trackpad this time because I miss it for point and click games and the PS controllers seem to be fitting, but I’d prefer the buttons to have ABXY, in the XBox ordering. Are there controllers where the trackpad has feedback like the deck has?

There are plenty offbrand controllers out there, are you using any of them and what’s your experience with them?

I got the BT 8bitdo ult, some cheap Switch controller and 2 old Xbox “The Duke” so far, for references.

• Fubarberry@sopuli.xyzM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I got a bunch of stadia controllers for free, and they’re very ergonomic and work well with the deck. They don’t have gyro/back buttons, but you can buy them for super cheap on eBay and they’re a much more premium controller than other controllers in that price range. You may have to do the firmware update yourself to enable Bluetooth if the seller hasn’t already done it.