After a devastating mass shooting left five people dead in Philadelphia, misinformation about the suspected shooter ran rampant on Twitter with politicians like Georgia Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene claiming the assailant was transgender.

• MrCrankyBastard@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

More and more I’m convinced she’s actually a shaved Skunk Ape, rebelling against the good nature of her kind. That hideous fur coat she wore is made from her shavings. Her actual name is Sporkfoot, as far as I’m concerned.

• MrCrankyBastard@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Without being full-on pointed, it gives the vaguely plausible deniability of actually representing her region, if not the people of her region. That nothing else, Sporkfoot’s internal ugliness made manifest explains why she was adulterous with a Zangief cosplayer - she couldn’t find a Sasquatch cosplayer.

• MdRuckus @lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

MTG knows her followers won’t look into it. They will take whatever trash she’s pushing and run with it.

• LostCause@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. Right wing grifters like this know this very well and now there is probably a few hundred thousand people out there who are certain of this lie and won‘t be convinced by anyone of anything else. Which strengthens their hate.

I‘m just hoping it didn‘t make it to my country cause some of this stuff does and it has unpleasant effects here too, like how suddenly basement nazis are fighting drag shows.

• nakal@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s really cheap to claim something just to support your agenda. It’s like everyone would claim that any criminal is Marjorie Taylor Greene’s relative.