I decided I want to be a Leprechaun that gets into adventures trying to help and hinder people based on how I feel about them at that moment. I chose halfling druid class and I use shillelagh and good berry mainly. I’m also thinking about adding the fighter class. But I’m hoping for some creative suggestions for spells and items I could use for my leprechaun and class build ideas for a potentially better version than what I’m currently using

Edit: this is also my first playthrough so please be light on the spoilers

• CaptnNMorgan@reddthat.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

I definitely would have never thought to use a bow as a Leprechaun but the more I think about the cooler it sounds

Edit: oh shit I thought archfey was a typo for archery. But it’s actually a subclass for warlock. I’m definitely going to look into that to see if it’s better suited than my grassland druid

• TransplantedSconie@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

I’d run spells designed to trick, obfuscate, and hide:

Dancing lights, color spray, invisibility (self), magic mouth, ventriloquism, and major image.

Shillelagh is the main source of damage, but a leprechaun can use a dagger as well.

Jack up DEX, INT, WIS, and CHA.

Take feats centered around escape, survival, and high initiative to go first as much as possible.

Also, leprechauns are known for stealing your shit and taunting you into giving chase so slight of hand and anything around picking pockets

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Equipment:

Disintegrating Night Walkers would be a huge must wear.

Graceful Cloth dyed green

Gloves of Dexterity

Amulet of Windrider

Orphic Ring

Ring of Free Action

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

I might do this too after look up items and equipment to make a leprechaun, lol. This sounds like a fun playthrough where the main guy is a major trickster and pisses off the enemy and pickpockets all their shit

• CaptnNMorgan@reddthat.comOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

Im definitely going to try to implement pickpocketing more, now that you say that. I’ve mainly been doing my best to provide “good” or “bad” luck by tricking people to help others or the other way around

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              8 months ago

Definitely carry a few grease bottles to drop around you. I’ve found that’s a fun thing to do now and then while wearing the Nightwalkers. You can’t slip, but anyone around you can.

• owenfromcanada@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

My initial thought is an Arcane Trickster, maybe with some levels of Wizard thrown in. Sneaky with enchantment/illusion magic sounds about right.