For instance, I made an account here in Lemmy.world because it seemed like a nice, well rounded place to start. However, I want stuff from TTRPG.network to show up when I browse my “frontpage,” but all I see is my Lemmy.World communities.

I’m using Liftoff on Android at the moment, but I’m a newb, so I’m clearly not tied to that app.

• Archerofyail@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You need to view your subscribed communities, they’ll show up there. By default it’s probably either showing Local or All.

• NielsBohron@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I tried that in Liftoff and Jerboa, but I’m only seeing posts from lemmy.world, no matter how I sort, so I figured I was doing something wrong.

Maybe it’s just a bug or maybe it’s because I just added a bunch of non-local communities this afternoon and they haven’t gone through yet. I’ll try on a desktop tomorrow and see if everything’s cleared up.

Thanks for the help!

• Monomate@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Perhaps these communities you follow from remote instances are not very active, so your subscriptions from lemmy.world (which tend to be larger and more active communities) are obscuring them.

I suggest you change the sorting order to “New”. I found that the default “Active” sorting always shows the same trending topics for days. Reddit also had this lazy refresh cadence with its “Hot” sorting, but to a lesser extent.

• James Kirk@startrek.website
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

This happened to me with Jerboa, but it’s a bug. Open your instance on the browser and click Subscribed to make sure it’s working. They should show the same posts

• PierreKanazawa@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Only new posts (after your sub) would be federated to your home. So you might need to wait sometimes.

If there’s already new posts there it’s probably fedi issue

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think this is the answer, because this morning in Liftoff I’m seeing posts from all of my subscribed communities.

Thanks for the insight!

• sloonark@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

In Liftoff at the top of the main page you’ll see a big drop down. You need to change this to Subscribed, then you’ll see every community you are subscribed to regardless of the instance.

• finn_der_mensch
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

app screenshot

You should be able to switch to the “subscribed” or “all” feed from the top in the liftoff app.

• 2brokeguy@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

So we have LOCAL and ALL feeds. Lemmy is missing a feature for feeds only on a remote instance.

e.g i can see LOCAL for lemmy.world. But i want to see LOCAL (or in this case REMOTE) for lemmy.ml.

• GregorGizeh@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

In wefwef I have the option to browse my home feed (subscriptions), a local feed (what happens on my home instance), and an all feed of all federated instances. Your client most certainly has an option for that as well. Otherwise, try wefwef.app, it’s Apollo for reddit, except it’s in web app form and for lemmy.

• f1g4@feddit.it
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

One way is to just browse your home feed and make sure you selected Subscribed or similar, here look at my screenshot: . Also Lemmy.World is having some issues scaling so not the best choice IMHO for the main instance, bc it would be best a smaller and stabler one.

• Ab_intra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I really don’t like Lemmy’s interface at all… I’ve been using Connect for Lemmy but switched to Jerboa and really like it.

I would just suggest using apps instead of the website until they are able to make something that actually works…

I’m one of the people that actually like how reddits interface, and I don’t like the old design, it’s just to complex and 2000s for me.

• Obsession@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

If you subscribe to the communities, they’ll show up on your front page just like local communities. If you want to browse them, you csn go to lemmy.world/c/community@instance

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks, I got it figured out. I think it was just that the non-local instances were only showing posts made after I subscribed, so it took a bit before there was enough content to show up