• Snapz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

I think if Firefox can find a way to have full parity with chrome extensions, that might be a big shift. I’ve talked to more than one person that has a specific extension they rely on that they can’t duplicate with Firefox options. They have many of the big names, but also some holes

• d3Xt3r@lemmy.nz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Not OP, (and Firefox is still my main), but I keep Chromium-based browsers around for Ichigo, an addon which automatically translates raw manga - which is a godsend for avid manga readers like myself who frequently run out of existing translated manga to read. There’s also Scan Translator which works in a similar way, but sadly Firefox has nothing like them.

• Draconic NEO@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

In my opinion best bet is ungoogled chromium for any extensions or applications that utilize chromium.

• stealth_cookies@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

I just spent awhile trying to switch from Vivaldi to Floorp before going back. It just doesn’t work as smoothly, things like tabs wouldn’t save properly between sessions, pinning tabs doesn’t prevent you from closing them, UI elements would disappear, etc.