Anything got your goat this week? Come in and share the load, you’ll feel better.

• TeaHands@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Tried to find a local place to play snooker. Found one, all it has is a FB page with no useful info. But there are hints that they do other stuff there too like dance classes, sounds interesting!

I send them a FB message asking about snooker prices, and whether there’s some info somewhere on what sort of dance classes they do / when / how much / just literally the info I need to give them money in return for goods and services.

They reply with a one-liner about the price of snooker tables.

I send another message, politely reiterating my other questions.

They reply with another one liner saying “we do dance classes for children and adults”.

So I give up, and I look up the company doing the dance classes. They also only have a presence on FB, and their page is similarly light on details. I also see that they do classes across two venues, one of which is too far away. So, I send a message asking for a list of their classes, price, location etc. Which ones are for kids vs adults, again just literally the info I need to use their service in any way.

Get a one liner saying “we do classes in ballet, jazz and tap”. That’s it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• sideone@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Hello, I’d like to give you money for your services. Can you provide more information?

…Yes

I hate companies that do this.

• TeaHands@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I honestly can’t even understand. Like, there’s no reason for them to withhold the info on purpose, right? They do want people to give them money? So then I’m left with the only explanation being that they literally can’t comprehend words? Surely there’s another reason but I cannot figure it out.

Gah. I’m in a right huff today!

• ScottyB@mastodon.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s not just even at a consumer level. For work I contact companies requesting various products and services worth a lot of money.

Maybe they are all just making too much money?