Anything got your goat this week? Come in and share the load, you’ll feel better.

• Bleeping Lobster@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Really sorry to hear that. One of my (American) friends finally got her permission to permanently remain today after a giant, lengthy battle and she’s so relieved. I think those of us with settled / born status often don’t appreciate how incredibly stressful, and expensive the process can be to move here.

Have you looked into any options other than sponsorship? Though, I wouldn’t blame you for wanting to GTFO of here, the way things are right now.

• nonearther@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve looked into sponsorship roles, but right now there aren’t any.

Companies can easily get people working on low pay and don’t require sponsorship. So guys like me are screwed.

And yeah, while reintegrating back in our tax system will be, well, taxing, living in India has its own benefits.

I can get maid services for cheap, I already have a flat there, and overall cost of living is lower even when you take salary proportion.

• Bleeping Lobster@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Shit. Well I’m sorry to hear it’s so bleak re staying, but you’ve got an excellent mental attitude there by focussing on the potential silver linings. Maybe you can try again if things get unfucked at some point in the future (though we won’t be holding our breath ey)

• nonearther@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Unfortunately, I’m too old to keep relocating.

If I go back, it’s highly unlikely that I’ll be back. But I’ll miss this country.

I absolutely fall in love with almost all aspects of it, and just like kids in playground, it seems I’ve to go despite I love being staying here.