Description:

Meme format image. The top half has a picture of Star Trek: The Next Generation’s bridge crew with the text “the prime directive forbids us from interfering. We cannot share our technology”. The bottom half has a picture of Stargate’s SG-1 team and the text “all your gods are false. Here, take these guns.”

• gullible@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

To me, it seemed like he was talking about localized slavery. One people originating entirely from a certain planet who come to own and abuse another people from the same planet. The ghoulies are closer to the borg or a hivemind than traditional slavers, in many ways, so examining starfleet’s response to the borg would probably yield a better understanding of their response.

• interolivary@beehaw.orgOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            8 months ago

Well for one I don’t remember the goa’uld having a tailor with an ambiguous sexual orientation and a murky past who’s besties with a human doctor, so there’s that at least?

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              8 months ago

The Cardassians were more of a DS9 thing, I think they only featured in a few random TNG episodes

• Jaccident@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                8 months ago

Just a few random eps…and two of the most quoted and referenced episodes of the whole franchise! Between Capt. Jellico and “There are Four Lights” c/risa is about 20% content from those two episodes. (I’m not telling you off here, just adding my amazement at what an impact that two-parter has had).

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  8 months ago

Oh shit I totally forgot about those episodes, been a while since I last rewatched TNG. Great point though, they definitely are memes in themselves

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Pulaski ❤ People generally seem to really dislike her, but I think she was way more interesting as a character than Bev

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

No disagreement there. I think that “roughness” to her was what made the character interesting in the first place, Bev’s a bit milquetoast in comparison