Just wondering if this community will start having posts soon?

• Hurts@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I am currently the only moderator, I don’t want to spam my own posts to any community though. I would rather them develop on their own and hope the community and posts come/grow organically.

• Photographer@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think at this early stage it would not be considered spam to post links, but part of building a community.

• wit@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Why are you moderating so many communities though? I checked your profile. You are moderating like 60 communities. Power trip much?

You are moderating both “Democrat” and “Republican”… lol…

And you are not even building the communities, you just created them with the sole purpose of being the mod.

• Hurts@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Because the way communities came to be moderated on Reddit created horrible echo chambers between banning people for disagreeing views or forcing their own opinions/views down people’s throats via content removal, I wanted to grab them before the same terrible mods from Reddit did.

> You are moderating both “Democrat” and “Republican”… lol…

It’s almost like you don’t have to have entirely one-sided views and can moderate content without bias and without creating hate-filled echo chambers.

If you’d like to participate in either of those feel free to ask, I’m not here to “power trip”.