• lungdart@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Very cool. I just launched dashy for my lab. Used to use heimdall and didn’t like it very much. I must admit that homepage is looking a lot nicer!

• echo@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Awesome software, I had no idea this existed! Your setup seems extremely similar to mine (Proxmox as hypervisor + OPNsense as firewall + other services).

Does homepage run in a container like everything else? Or does it run on the Proxmox VE layer. If it’s in a container, is setting up discovery among all the other containers difficult?

• AnagrammadiCodeina@feddit.it
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Beautiful! I really need to get into docker but I’m lazy. Atm I have a HyperV server running VMs with pihole, owncloud and OPNSense

• smolyeet@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It seems daunting, but it’s a lot of fun once you do. I started on docker desktop but moved to docker being run on Ubuntu server, but I don’t think it matter where you host it. Very easy to setup and their documentation is pretty good. You technically could be up and running in 10 minutes. Learning how it works will obviously take longer but I find that getting to actually being able to use what I want to quickly removes a lot of barrier to entry. Good luck!

• tejrik@lemmy.sdf.org
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What is the Ansible link for? Are you using Semaphore or some other UI for playbook management? I’m trying to get into automating deployment tasks for my Homelab and am trying to learn Ansible to do it.

• Gubb@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Currently the ansible link dosnt link to anything. I will be deploying AWX in the future, so at some point down the road it will link to my AWX login page. Right now, nothing.