Does anyone else get all the symptoms of a flare, but without the bleeding? I seem to get them around extreme season changes.

Does anyone else get these?

• Runwaylights@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Sometimes. I’ve also had times where I’ve had only bleeding and not much else. And sometimes I get all the symptoms without any markers in my bloodwork.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Thanks! I hope the same for you. And actually things have been going pretty well since switching to a vegan diet. My flare ups have significantly reduced and I don’t feel so bloated anymore.

• MorganCS (she / her)@lemmy.worldOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

WOW full vegan diet. That’s a commitment for sure. One of my worries a with vegan / vegetarian diets is that it would be hard to get enough protein. How do you manage that challenge? It would be really nice to not have to deal with so much bloating.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

Yeah that can be a challenge. Luckily I like all sorts of beans and there are some good meat substitutions out there with a lot protein. But when I bike or take a long hike I drink a vegan protein shake to get an extra boost. And I take omega 3 and vitamin d3, but my b12 is apparently on level.

Edit: and the funny thing is after a couple of years I rarely miss meat or fish. Most of the time I don’t even think about it. One time I ate meat on accident and I was nauseous the entire evening haha