Hi everyone, Years ago I was on a Ritalin generic, and it ended up just being like strapping a jet engine to a bicycle: couldn’t focus at all.

And now I’m trying it again, but I’m on Concerta. Was on a starter dose, didn’t feel anything, now I’m on double that dose from today, waiting to see if I can feel anything.

How do you know if it’s working?

• EatYouWell@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

You know it’s working when it’s not a struggle to function in life.

It might sound counterintuitive, but it’s possible that you weren’t on a high enough dose. I was like that until I got to the dose I’m on now. It’s like your brain is jonesing for more dopamine until you find the amount that works.

It’s also possible that your body doesn’t react well to Ritalin, so trying a Adderall based med might work better.

• nick@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Or vyvanse. I switch to vyvanse from adderall and it’s been life changing. Adderall worked and was fine, but caused a lot of anxiety.

• JoeBigelow@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Vyvance is dextroamphetamine with a lysine molecule stuck on to require stomach/liver activation, to lower the abuse potential. All the side effects of amphetamines are that pesky levo isomer, Dex is way better, for everything imo