Welcome to the RD thread!

This is a place for casual random chat and discussion.

A reminder for everyone to always follow the community rules and observe the Code of Conduct.

Mobile apps:

Quick tips:

Footnotes:

• Daily pixel art by Paul Sabado
  • Report inappropriate comments and violators
  • Message the moderation team for any issues
    • theyawner@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I just read about how you can only make a Threads account if you have Instagram. And you can’t delete it. You can only either deactivate your Threads profile or outright delete your Instagram account.

• decadentrebel@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

My main gripe with the app is how it’s hard to read the posts of the accounts you follow. It’s one huge pile of comments that I have no idea why it’s there. Puros mga Pia Wurtzbach who I don’t recall ever following in IG or mentioning. Also, the order is all over the place — most comments are from 12 hours ago, some 20 mins earlier, and so on.

I do like the UX compared to Twitter. The thread-based presentation of replies to “tweets” is much easier to read. You can also attach up to 10 photos and sifting through said photos is a breeze.

• pints@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yung feed ko nung una puro mga posts ni Marcelo Santos III, even got a reply from him.

Akala ko nasa early 2010s Twitter ako eh.

• rman0159@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve installed it earlier and pang-mobile lang siya. Yung website nila when visited on the PC, hanggang QR code lang para ma-download ang app sa phone.