• Showroom7561@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Calm down, buddy.

Consensual sex requires a clear YES, or else it’s a NO. Is a thumbs up a yes? Even if the “yes” was for something totally out of context? Do you see why relying on an Emoji is simply too vague to be serious?

Plus you obviously have never participated in any kind of contract or business relationship.

Hundreds of professional transactions worth millions of dollars. Large orders REQUIRE a company issued purchase order with specific dates for delivery, billing and shipping addresses clearly listed, a refernce to a quote (if one was given), and a contact person. It does not need to be signed, but most are, depending on where it’s coming from.

I’ve never heard of a professional business using Emojis to conduct business or to sign off on large contracts.

it’s obvious in this case that they had an existing relationship that the farmer

Yes, this is something i clearly missed/misread, so my understanding of this case is notably inaccurate. Totally my bad. 🤦‍♂️

• Hypnoctopus@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The article says that according to the guy who sued him, he had accepted the terms of a contract through text message.

However, it doesn’t say that according to the guy that sued him, he had accepted a contract specifically through the sending of 👍 in a text message in the past.