For some reason all the community goes are gone but in another app, it is still there.

• gkd@lemmy.mlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

So oddly, the endpoint we use isn’t returning anything. There’s another way to get the information so I think that maybe there’s something going on in the new versions that’s causing this. Both .ml and .ee are using the new version while .world is not. I’ll look into it and submit a bug report if that’s the case.

• gkd@lemmy.mlM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I’m actually seeing this issue on other apps too, so I’m thinking it is definitely an API issue. WefWef appears to work, but they might be getting the info from a cache or from another API endpoint. Going to keep looking into it.

Found this https://github.com/LemmyNet/lemmy/issues/3515

Wondering if there were some breaks around communities as well.

• AF0105@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Interesting haha. Good work on being responsive to feedback and looking into that so quick. It’s honestly probably nothing to do with the app, and more of an issue with how fast Lemmy is growing.

• gkd@lemmy.mlM
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Haha I consistently fix an issue by breaking something else, so totally feel for the Lemmy devs going through all this at such a quick pace. Hopefully it will be resolved here soon 👍

• AF0105@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

One other quick question, and this may totally be a backend thing as well. For example, there’s a community on Lemmy.ml called USA. If I’m searching for that in app, it’s not returning anything. Can you see that as well from your end?

• gkd@lemmy.mlM
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

So I fixed this in the next version where you can just enter community@instance and it will go directly there without searching. For now, yea I can’t see it. Just subscribe on the website and it will show up in your subscriptions…or it won’t because it’s broken right now lol. But yea, it will be in the next version. It’s already fixed but Apple released an older version 😅

• AF0105@lemmy.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

Looks like the Lemmy devs pushed the commit to role back the changes, so hopefully we’ll see those trickle down into the servers in a day or two.