After seeing all of thr current performance issues with CS2, I am very happy with my choice not to pre-order. I am not sure my computer will even be able to run this game and I want to wait until I see whar mods are needed. Who else is doing the same?

• Jah348@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I find it hard to purchase after there were so many expansions for the first one. I’m waiting for cities skylines delux game of the year platinum edition 4.0 to be on sale with everything include.

Patient gamers…

• H2207@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

When it comes to mods I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves. It’s important to keep in mind that C:S 1 is 8 years old, and so it needs them. Hopefully C:S 2 after a few patches, maybe December / January, will be in a solid state to not strictly require them as it’s older sibling did.

• Latuga17@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Yeah hopefully we won’t need as many mods as CS1, but I predict that some will still be helpful.

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Yeah I badly want to play it but I’m waiting for performance fixes before I spend $80

• Latuga17@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Yeah the high cost definitely does not help, especially considering the performance issues.

• MrNesser@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’ve purchased Balders Gate 3 instead by the time I’m done with it CS2 should be looking better