link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

All you’re doing there is say “The enemy is not human, they are animals, they do not deserve humanity”. That that very attitude, Israeli right-wing disregard for Palestinian humanity, made them the way they are is conveniently left out. You may not realise it but you’re using fascist logic.

The Day of Judgment will not come until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say, ‘O Muslim, O servant of God, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.’ Only the Gharkad tree would not do that, because it is one of the trees of the Jews.

• barsoap@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

I’m pretty sure you can find Kahanite documents saying essentially the same thing in the other direction. And do I have to remind you that there’s currently Kahanites in the Israeli government. You don’t get to complain about other people’s fascists before you deal with yours at home.

Also how are you still equating Palestinians at large and Hamas.

• barsoap@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          8 months ago

They’re the resident dictatorship, yes, there haven’t been elections since 2006, and the reason they got into power was less about Hamas being strong but Fatah being weak because corrupt. Last Israeli elections? 2022, resulting in Netanyahu and his Kahanites. And that even though pudding is still expensive… care to justify that?

Polls also clearly show that Gazans want democracy back, that they want Hamas to hand over security to the PA, and various other things. If you want Gazans to get rid of Hamas themselves, go ahead, be my guest, give them the weapons to do so… or how else do you suppose would they be able to do it? With prayers?

Stop fucking deflecting responsibility. Clean up your own house before you complain about that of your neighbour.

• goat@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 months ago

Polls also clearly show that Gazans want democracy back, that they want Hamas to hand over security to the PA, and various other things.

Link em

If you want Gazans to get rid of Hamas themselves, go ahead, be my guest, give them the weapons to do so… or how else do you suppose would they be able to do it? With prayers?

Already been tried, my dude, Hamas said no.

Stop fucking deflecting responsibility. Clean up your own house before you complain about that of your neighbour.

Except they pretty much share the same house that can’t agree on anything.

• barsoap@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              8 months ago

Link em

E.g. here. Snippets:

Also notable is that Gazans continue to express disapproval of Hamas’ policies towards Israel. About half (53%) agree at least somewhat that “Hamas should stop calling for Israel’s destruction, and instead accept a permanent two-state solution based on the 1967 borders,” a percentage that has held steady over the last three years. 59% of Gazans also agree that Hamas should give up its armed units in favor of PA officers in Gaza. Likewise, nearly two-thirds of Gazans would agree at least somewhat with the need for Hamas to preserve the cease-fire in both Gaza and the West Bank.

Specifically, Gazans believe that Palestinians should push more against corruption in the PA and Hamas. Most (87%) of Gazans would also like Hamas and the PA to allow free and fair elections, a notable 20-point difference from West Bankers (65%) and East Jerusalemites (66%).

Already been tried, my dude, Hamas said no.

Hamas doesn’t want to be disposed of? Colour me surprised, indeed /s.

Also when has Israel given weapons to Gazans to get rid of Hamas I’d like to have a source on that. Did you even read what I wrote.

Except they pretty much share the same house that can’t agree on anything.

And that’s why Israel needs to have a fascist minister for national security? A guy who called for the assassination of Rabin? Like, no alternative to that?

• goat@sh.itjust.works
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                8 months ago

E.g. here. Snippets:

Some hopeful signs, though the article does point out that Gaza does not want to settle with two states, difficult problem.

Also when has Israel given weapons to Gazans to get rid of Hamas I’d like to have a source on that. Did you even read what I wrote.

Yeah, you said ‘or how else do you suppose would they be able to do it? With prayers?’, so I gave some examples of the different attempts of dealing with hamas. It’s all in the wikipedia article, though it is quite lengthy, admittedly.

And that’s why Israel needs to have a fascist minister for national security? A guy who called for the assassination of Rabin? Like, no alternative to that?

I’m sure there are alternatives. It’s a democratic republic, but terror breeds bigots.