• centof@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I absolutely agree that we need a better system of running this country and am fully on board with all the listed policies.

However, It’s only unsustainable if the American people have the balls to challenge it. I’m not exactly convinced of that when we as a country can barely say no to a blatant villain(Trump). Good change only happens when the people stubbornly demand it. I honestly can’t remember a time in my lifetime where that has happened.

Instead, we get tiny morsels of change that are carefully doled out to keep us voting the 'right’TM way.

We are all just checked out escaping reality in our little bubbles expecting things to magically change. Oh, how I wish change worked like that. But sadly, It does not. If you want change, it takes the stubborn, unyielding willpower of forcing your position onto others continually.

And that is something we as a people have gradually forgotten. Unfortunately, the haters among us have not. They continually push their values onto others. They have worked to undermine abortion for 50+ years. And it worked and continues to work.

We have to out organize them to have any hope of things actually changing for the better. And it’s a Hell of a lot easier to tear things apart than to improve them.