I’ve been checking on the boost and save3rdpartyapps over the last couple of weeks and now boost won’t load any content.

Bye bye Reddit I guess.

Soon be time for boost to launch that rocket on Lemmy

• Spaceman Spiff@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Boost died for me at 7PM EDT on 6/30, along with the rest of Reddit. Apparently, Reddit was incompetent with disabling everything, so it (along with other 3rd party app) still worked for some people if you were not logged in.

• Scarronline@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Same here. Intermittent. I firmly just moved over to lemmy, after a phased entrance.

I have found Liftoff for Lemmy a good alternative, until boost for lemmy comes live.

• Sneckster@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Liftoff is my go to at the minute although I’m posting this from wefwef because it’s easier to see replies on there.

With time though all the apps will be great in their own ways.

• rafa@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Same here, just uninstalled it. Jerboa and thunder are my lemmy apps, i will miss a niche sub but i will probably forget about it in few weeks.

I was a redditor since 2012, nothing last forever.

Long live Lemmy

• Digester@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I miss the niche subs I was a part of, I recreated them on Lemmy and hopefully they can gain some traction, I loved the discussions on those subs and I hope I can have the same experience on Lemmy. If not, life goes on.

• ccf@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

guess it’s time to fully switch to lemmy! hopefully boost for lemmy gets released soon

• Frozzie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It was fun. I had great moments but now I have to close my account. Even my second account.

• eroc1990@lemmy.parastor.net
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s kind of inconsistent for me. My only theory, based on something I saw on r/BoostForReddit, is that I’m still marked as a mod for an inactive sub. My alt doesn’t load anything.

• eroc1990@lemmy.parastor.net
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I am only running through official, not revanced. Probably won’t bother with that tbh. But good to know that those that want to use that patch can successfully, at least for now.