• substill@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have an alternate solution: Let them in, and harass them mercilessly beyond the purview of Meta rules.

• Kit Sorens@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

We’re not 4chan. I say we get rowdy around any sniff of corporate interests. Let them know that any ad, sponsorship, or pushing of “advertizer-friendly” content flies in the face of the foundation they stand on.

• Emanresu@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

We should prepare for war. What are some nice ways to make them go “absolutely not” when they get to federate? How about we research and spread info about any advertisers that are on threads to force boycotts? Maybe we can research more ethical alternatives to those ads.

• The Cuuuuube@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

If your server federates with them, Meta has already won and already siphoned your data when the federation occurs. Meta already runs two massive social networks at scale. No amount of rule breaking will bother them. They’ll just stay their usual course of “act like your moderating but leave a lot of the worst stuff up because the outrage drives engagement”

• varzaman@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Who are you harassing? People who don’t know any better and just think it’s another mainstream social media app?

Like….what?

• DrPop@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t remember the part in World War Z where the zombies made ant towers, them again I’ve only read it. What was the meme again?