• Snow-Foxx@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Zucks poor attempt to connect his Meta bullshit with the fediverse. It’s desired to be a Twitter replacement which uses the ActivityPub-Protocol and therefore is able to communicate with fediverse instances (which use the same protocol). So basically it’s the same as Mastodon, just with Zucks closed source corporate crap.

• Radioaktvt@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Which is a way I’m assuming to data mine every user on the fediverse. Safe to say that anyone that connects to the fediverse via Threads will essentially expose all Non Threads user to the Meta data miners?

• TimeIncarnate@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

No, that’s not how it works at all. All of your public posts are already public anyway, Threads doesn’t need to be involved for literally anyone to go through all of your posts right now.

• Snow-Foxx@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

That’s true, but why should they be happy with your posts only, if they can also make you pay (with your data, for Threads users) for services, which were always free at Mastodon?!

• FoxBJK@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I get what you mean but I’m not sure how clever it really is to just copy the old EEE strategy from Microsoft.