• Wigglehard@exploding-heads.comOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Does living their lives include invading women’s sports, bathrooms, dressing rooms and insisting they accept them or face public scrutiny? Does living their lives include men, identifying as woman being placed in women’s prisons and then raping female inmates and using their superior physical attributes to bully them? Can you agree that there might be some nuance to this? I have nothing against people making that choice. I’ve worked with people that it made that choice and gotten along fine with people. But ignoring some of the extreme situations associated with this whole thing is ridiculous, no?

• PeepinGoodArgs@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

But ignoring some of the extreme situations associated with this whole thing is ridiculous, no?

And yet, if you criticize perfectly routine events under late stage capitalism, like the Earth being flooded with plastic and the temperatures being hotter than the last hundred thousand years, you’re told you’re being an alarmist.

So idk, you tell me: are extreme situations a good way to think about the morality of anything? Let’s not discriminate on the issues just to hurt people you want hurt. Either hurt everybody or nobody.

• Wigglehard@exploding-heads.comOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

“And yet, if you criticize perfectly routine events under late stage capitalism, like the Earth being flooded with plastic and the temperatures being hotter than the last hundred thousand years, you’re told you’re being an alarmist.”

I have many opinions on the environment that include conservation, eliminating plastic straws and use of plastics in general in many areas where they are not really needed, transitioning away from fossil fuels and oil into better alternatives, the suppression of new technologies that advanced the human race by big corporations ect……

I can give you an open invitation to ask any of these questions in some of the communities on exploding heads, and I guarantee if I find it interesting enough, I will give my opinion. The truth is we probably have more in common than you think. My views on transgenderism most likely won’t change anytime soon. However, maybe we can compromise on other subjects